Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Holiday

I did not do a lot during the break. I mostly stayed home and watched TV and slept. However, once, my dad drove us to our deceased grandmother's house to celebrate her death day anniversary. It was really touching and we chanted and sang, according to the Buddhist traditions, but it was quite boring at times when the monk was singing in Sanskrit for fifteen minutes and all you have to do was just sitting there and bowing at times. It really surprised me that there are so many people in the family. So many cousins came to the family reunion and we talked and chatted away. I was wowed by how tired I became after coming back to Ho Chi Minh City, as I slept for 24 hours the next days. Anyway, the trip was an excellent opportunity for me to get to know my relatives, and it stood out from the other days of drooling on my bed and staring at the computer screens during the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment